HOW THIS ALL BEGAN
Three generations of lighting expertise as follows:
Meyer Kimball, the grandfather of Robert S. Kimball, started out cutting wire for an electrical distributor in Pittsburgh in the early 1920’s. Later, he went on to open Kim Electric Supply Company in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His son, William Kimball, joined his father’s company after serving in the United States Navy during WWII.
In the early 1960’s, William decided that he wanted to start a manufacturer’s rep agency which he would call PGR Sales. PGR as an acronym for Phillip, Gerald and Robert. As the company grew, the name was later changed to W.H. Kimball Associates, Inc.
The family business, headquartered in Pittsburgh, saw an opportunity to expand south and sent Robert Kimball, the youngest of the three brothers, to West Virginia. On March 27, 1978 W.H. Kimball Associates, Inc. opened a West Virginia office just west of Charleston. As growth warranted more people, it was mutually agreed that the family business be separated. In the summer of 1988 a new company solely owned and operated in West Virginia was established and Robert S. Kimball Associates, Inc. was formed.
In 1995 W.H. ”Bill” Kimball passed away and his son Gerry passed in January 2006. The wisdom that was given from both of these talented individuals has been extraordinary in our success.